Emotional Freedom Technique, also known as EFT, is a gentle, non-invasive therapy which can be used as a self-help technique for balancing the body’s energy, using fingertip tapping on a sequence of acupressure points.
EFT can be used for any physical or emotional issue, such as addictions and phobias, difficulty coping with life, stress, past traumas, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, feeling stuck in life, and can also be used to improve sports performance.
You might have experienced or witnessed a major traumatic or upsetting event and since then, the following symptoms have crept into your daily life, making it difficult to carry on as normal?
- problem sleeping,
- problem with concentration,
- irritability or outbursts of anger,
- Intense physical and/or emotional distress when exposed to reminders of the event,
- repeated distressing memories or dreams,
- being unable to remember important parts of your life,
- feeling detached from other people,
- losing interest in significant activities in your life,
- feeling on your guard all the time
- panic attacks
EFT can help you deal with these feelings and bring back a sense of calmness and positivity. It’s a really light technique but has the power to reduce stress levels. Once the stress around the issue has been removed, our mind can see clearly the different options available to achieve our goals and promote a new level of emotional and physical intelligence.
When working with children, I use a technique called “Picture Tapping Technique”. It involves drawing pictures about how we feel about a specific issue and using the EFT acupressure points to diffuse the negative emotional charge attached to this issue. It’s simple, fun and kids love it!
Why choose this form of therapy?
- it is a positive, non-invasive, proactive experience
- often works where nothing else seems to
- usually rapid, long lasting relief from symptoms
- can be self-applied
- no drugs or equipment needed